We are looking for the following positions. If you or anyone whom you may know would be interested, please have them e-mail me at email@example.com or call the school office (818)889-9483. All interested must be fingerprinted for the LA Archdiocese (at the school’s cost) and be current with Virtus training.
- PE and Daycare Assistant Position – 1:30pm to 5:30 pm daily. Oversee PE instruction for grades 1st to 5th under direction of Mr. Chuck English. Assist with supervision of after school daycare program from 3pm to 5:3pm daily. Pay based on experience. Please e-mail Mrs. Schulte if interested in applying.
The position has the following physical/work environment requirements:
- When performing activities throughout the day related to the educating of students, the staff member spends the majority of the day standing in the classroom or on the playground.
- Must be able to stand 45 minutes out of each instructional hour.
- Dealing with the students can entail kneeling or squatting, stooping, and bending from 50-70 degrees at the waist on an occasional to frequent basis. Must be able to bend over a student’s desk to help the student 45 minutes out of each instructional hour.
- Must be able to walk around the classroom to supervise children and monitor student work 45 minutes out of each instructional hour.
- He or she must walk through the classroom and be able to maneuver in tight spaces between desks, etc.
- Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects (textbooks and materials). The teacher often moves children’s desks and chairs to change the layout of the classroom to influence the learning situation.
- The teacher must see and hear on a continuous basis as well as speak frequently. Positions may vary from standing, sitting, or walking. On a rare occasion it may be necessary to move quickly, run, etc. over smooth to uneven surfaces such as on asphalt, pea gravel, on the playground, or on the grass. Must be able to safely and quickly evacuate the students in an emergency.
- The teacher must have manual dexterity to use office equipment, manipulate books and other learning materials, and assist students with various activities. The teacher must have repetitive movement of fingers and hands for keyboarding. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment will vary from potentially very loud situations such as assemblies, rallies, and playgrounds to more moderate situations such as classrooms or large group professional settings.
- The employee must be able to work in air conditioned and heated environments under fluorescent lighting.