CAR POINT – ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
Supervision begins at 7:30 AM. Children should not be on the school grounds prior to 7:30 AM unless special arrangements have been made with the school. Children are to be dropped off through the school car point line between 7:30 – 8:00 AM daily. Do not drop off your children on the street.
Children who walk or ride bicycles to and from school must be in the 3rd Grade or older. Parents and Guardians are to encourage their children to follow good pedestrian habits and use all crossings. It is also recommended that students do not walk alone. Those riding bikes must also follow specific safety regulations (i.e. wearing a helmet). Bicycles must be walked on school property and locked to the bicycle rack. The school is not responsible for the theft or damage of bicycles. *See Bike/Walking Permission form on the school website.
Regular Dismissal – Dismissal is at 2:45 PM on Mondays through Fridays. Students not picked up by this time will be provided supervision through the Extended Care Program. Please notify the classroom teacher in writing if your child will be going home other than the usual way (i.e. change of carpool, walking).
Parents are strongly encouraged to use car point for pick-up. For dismissal, each family is assigned to a pick-up point (point A is on the church side, point B along wall and science lab). The teacher and teacher assistants on duty will supervise the children. Children are to sit with those supervising and watch for their driver. Safety is of the utmost important. The following are vital in this process of picking up children:
- Be courteous
- Do not hold up the traffic flow
- Do not use cell phones during car point
- Do not pick-up children from parking places on the street
- Drivers are responsible for making sure all riders are properly secured in the vehicle (buckle-up and have proper car seats)
- Remember, school personnel will not release students to other families unless they have a parent’s/ guardian’s written permission. Please make sure that children are aware of who will be picking them up from school.